Frequent Asked Questions
HOSTING, SERVERS AND DIGITAL CERTIFICATES
- HOSTING SERVERS AND DIGITAL CERTIFICATES
- Digital certificated
- DNS Management
- DNS Full Management
- DNS change
- DNS Configuration
- Domain included in the Hosting package
- Dedicated Servers
- Virtual Servers
- Hosting Plans
- App Manager
- Hosting Plesk
- WebSite Builder
- Free web space
- FTP and Filemanager
- Linux Hosting Troubleshooting
- Windows Hosting Troubleshooting
- Disk space and traffic
- Windows or Linux: which one should I choose?
- What does it mean to purchase a hosting solution?
- If I already have a domain with another provider, can I purchase a hosting service on Nominalia?
- How can I choose the hosting solution that best suits my needs?
- What features include the Nominalia Hosting Packs?
- How can I purchase a Hosting solution at Nominalia?
Windows or Linux: which one should I choose?
One of the most common mistakes is to believe that, in order to purchase a Linux hosting, it is necessary to have a PC with Linux and that, in order to a Windows 2003 hosting packet, it is necessary to have a PC with Windows 2008. It's not true! The operating system of your PC is irrelevant! You don't have to worry whether you use Windows XP, Vista, 7, Linux systems or Mac, the important thing is to understand what you can achieve by using the two different platforms.
What does it mean to purchase a hosting solution?
By purchasing a hosting solution at Nominalia you rent, for the whole duration of the contract, a portion of disk space on our servers, which are connected to the net 24/7. You will be able to use this disk space, for example, to host your webiste and publish it on the Internet!
If I already have a domain with another provider, can I purchase a hosting service on Nominalia?
Yes, if you don't need to register a new domain name, you can purchase our plan Only Hosting. You will be asked to associate the chosen hosting packet with a domain maintained by Nominalia or by any other provider.
How can I choose the hosting solution that best suits my needs?
Nominalia staff has realised several Windows and Linux hosting solutions, so as to allow you to choose the one that best suits your needs in terms of functions and price. Go to the hosting section and choose the solution you prefer. .
How can I purchase a Hosting solution at Nominalia?
You can purchase a hosting with Nominalia with following steps:
1) Enter the website Nominalia (http://www.nominalia.com/) and go to the Hosting section. From here you can choose the hosting solution that best suits your needs (Hosting Packs or "Only Hosting" solution).
2) Once you've choosen the hosting solution you want to purchase, click on "Order".
Any Hosting Pack must be associated to a domain. You'll have to associate your Hosting to a domain maintained by Nominalia or by another registrar. The wizard will guide you to the shopping cart where you can pay your order.
IMPORTANT: Hosting Packs must be associated to a domain mantained by Nominalia, and the solution "Only Hosting" can be linked also to an external domain.